Sunday, September 13, 2015

Viva la Verve September week 2


Good afternoon crafty friends and happy Lord's Day! I hope y'all have been having
a great weekend! We sure have! Friday night out with about 15 couples from
our Sunday School class and Saturday morning at the food bank. Good times!!
Before we head out to evening service I wanted to share a card I made this afternoon
for my uncle's wedding. He is my dad's half bother and only 2 years younger
than me... Sounds strange, I know. My grandma skipped out after my dad graduated
highschool and eventually my Gramps found a new lady a little younger than
him who had never had kids yet so they had a few. I think of them more like cousins
then uncle's and an aunt. Anyways, they are awesome people. The wedding
is in Utah this coming weekend, I can't go, but my parents and sisters are going so
I thought I'd make a card that I think matches my soon to be aunt's country personality
to send with a gift card along with my parents. I followed the September week 2
sketch from Viva la Verve and am also entering this card into the current 
Verve Inspiration Challenge and the current challenge at Wordart Wednesday.



Enabler's List:

Paper: Paper Studio - wood grain and kraft cs
Stamps: CTMH - Wedding Day
Ink: CTMH - chocolate and olive
Dies: MFT - Gerbera Daisy die
Misc: burlap, lace ribbon and Recollections - gems


            



5 comments :

  1. This is gorgeous, Hillary. I love the texture of the burlap, and the gorgeous layout. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us. Have a great week, and please stop by again soon to share with us.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great. Love the natural colors and the burlap. So glad you joined our 200th Challenge at Word Art Wednesday last week. We have a new Challenge today and I hope you join us again. Leaving you with the inspiration of God's Word in Colossians 2:6-8 which says, "So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ." Have a blessed day!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE this! Love the sunflower and the burlap!

    ReplyDelete