Thursday, June 25, 2015

Mojo Monday #403

Good morning crafty friends and happy Thursday! I sure hope y'all are 
having a great week so far! We are halfway through to the weekend!
I think on Saturday we are going to go visit some family a few hours away.
We really need to anyways. My grandpa is doing chemo again for
Multiple Myeloma (plasma cell carcinoma) and has been up and down for
the last month or so. The doctor said that the chemo is working very
well but he is have having some trouble with anemia because of some of the
other medication the doctor has him on. The hardest part right now is
getting him to eat and drink on a regular basis. If he doesn't feel like doing
it, he won't. The not drinking much worries my mom because most
myeloma patients usually don't actually die from the cancer they die from kidney
 failure or really bad pneumonia. Obviously you want to drink plenty to help
your kidneys filter out the junk. The doctor did say he was going to lower the
dose on one of the meds that's causing the anemia so hopefully that
will perk him back up!

Before I head out to work this morning I wanted to share a quick card I
made the other day. I followed sketch #403 from Mojo Monday.
I also used one of my new paper packs I got during the Joann's 60% off
scrapbook paper sale last week. They came in the mail on Monday.
I got 18 6x6 pads and 5 packages of enamel dots from $65. Hubby says I
need to get to crafting if I am going to use all of this paper before I die. lol


Enabler's List:

Paper: Doodlebug - Hip Hip Hooray
Stamps: Verve - Birthday Bots and Verve - Birthday Bash
Ink: CTMH - Slate and Pear and Ranger black archival
Misc: Verve - Metal Mix, CTMH - teal shimmer trim,
Nestabilities large and small circles, and Spectrum Noir pencils


Here is a pic of my Joann's order;









1 comment :

  1. EEEK! I LOVE this card! So cheerful and boy-ish! So sorry to hear about your grandpa. I hope you have a nice visit.

    ReplyDelete