Monday, June 1, 2015

Mojo Monday #400!!!

Good evening crafty friends! I sure hope y'all have had a great Monday!
I can't complain about mine! I worked with my favorite surgeon,
was off work by 3:30, got a chance to sit down and make a card, and still
have some time to chill before heading off to Bible study!

So this week over at Mojo Monday there is a big celebration for the 
400th sketch! Wow! How incredible is that! Julee started Mojo Monday
in 2007 and look how strong it's going today! Mojo Monday 
and Viva la Verve are my absolute favorite challenges to play along
with! I am also in love with Verve Stamps if you haven't already noticed!
I first played along with Mojo Monday back in October of 2012.
It was the very first challenge I ever participated in! I loved it so much
that I've never looked back and sketch challenges have become
my all-time favorite! I have a purple three ring binder where I keep the
print outs that Julee makes for all the Mojo sketches so I never have
to worry about inspiration when doing a non sketch challenge. 
I just flip through my binder and pick one! 

For the sketch, Julee went back to the first Mojo Monday sketch
she ever made! Here is my take on that sketch:


Being the first of the month, it is a prize winning challenge, but not
only that, Julee has decided that the Mojo Monday design team
needs a few more designers! So I am throwing my hat in the ring to
see if maybe I can make the cut! It would be a dream come true - literally!



Enabler's List:

Paper: American Crafts - Dear Lizzy (lucky charms)
Stamps: Verve - Poppy Birthday
Ink: CTMH - outdoor denim and Versamark
Dies: Verve - Build a Poppy
Misc: Verve - Shine Bright Sequins, Recollections doily and ribbon


6 comments :

  1. hello Hillary! I am luvin your take on the Mojo sketch, such a fun tag and lovely flower!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa! And thanks for the blog and instagram follow! :-)

      Delete
  2. good luck! Mojo Monday has awesome sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that funky black & white poppy on the pink tag. Such a pretty card. Thanks for sharing all your amazing cards with my sketches! It's always a treat to come check out your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for all the sweet comments you send me! I just adore your sketches and stamps if you hadn't figured that out already ;-)

      Delete
  4. Hi there, Hillary! I was hoping to pick up that poppy set, but it's sold out, baby. Super cute card this week! Love your take on that sketch. I cannot believe it's already 400, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete