Saturday, August 16, 2014

Watercolor Butterflies

Good afternoon crafty friends! Hope y'all are having a great
weekend so far! I decided that I wanted to try to get into a little
bit of painting for my cards. I went to Hobby Lobby and
bought this watercolor pigment set and used my 40% off coupon
so it was pretty inexpensive. I did some YouTube searching
for how to incorporate stamps into watercolor painting and I found
this awesome tutorial by Dawn of Wplus9 stamps. I just used 
a butterfly stamp I already had from a MFT butterfly stamp set.
I painted two butterflies and put them on cards. The first butterfly
I put on a card following the August week 2 sketch from Viva la Verve.
The second butterfly I put on a card following the current 



Enabler's List:

Paper: Watercolor paper, CTMH cardstock in White Daisy,
Whisper, Honey, and Lagoon
Stamps: MFT Blissful Butterflies, and Verve Big Wish
Ink: CTMH ink in Slate and Whisper
Misc: Watercolor pigments, brushes, Darice honeycomb folder,
SU chevron folder,Verve sequins, Ranger mini misters.

Other Challenges:

Verve Diva Inspirations: Sequin Stunner

Closer look at butterflies:

Sketches:





3 comments :

  1. Your cards are delightful! Love those beautiful butterflies~! Thanks for sharing one at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful cards Hillary! Love the cards and that honeycomb background! The sequins are perfect! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful butterflies! Love the BG on the first one too. Thanks for playing along with this month's Diva Dare.

    ReplyDelete